Tuesday 1 October 2013

WHAT is THINKING?

Today I attended a seminar on Thinking and it really got me thinking!

We as normal beings going about our day to day mundane life and forget about consciously thinking! We become robot-like in our existence and do not question the norm.

The points that were raised today were: what are norms? Who sets them? Who follows them and why?
When we applied mind to the matter at hand, we realised that norms are determined by mediocre/ average people who are lazy and incompetent to handle change! And imagine most of us tread the path etched by such people! What a Shame I say!

The radicals or the thinkers are a rare creed in the society. These are the people who struggled to give us a better present to live in. Galileo, Newton and Copernicus are just a few names I take here.

Thinking is good. It sets us free from following the crowd. It awakens reasoning and independent decision taking in us.

If there are no risk-takers, then there would be no trail-blazers. Thence, we shall have no progress in our society.

So people go out there question the norms, break the superfluous rules and set a new trend!

Live like AWAKENED HUMANS! 

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking freely is not easy though. Pressures are brought against those people who do think freely by those who do not like risk and who prefer the norms. Personally I think only in our writing can we think freely, but not in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gary for reading all my blogs, it means a lot to me! I totally agree with you when you say that thinking freely is not possible in public life. However I would like to add that there is a difference in being 'assertive' and 'aggressive'. Also, at the end of the day it boils to the value I attach to my life vis-a-vis the public opinion. :)

      Delete
  3. You are an excellent, thought-provoking writer, Suditi. It's a pleasure to read your comments and ideas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These words made me think and moreover made me question some lame norms set by the society. It even make oneself question his/her existence. The message that it draws is one should know the REASON of living. You are truly a cogent writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priyanka! So please question everything before accepting it :)

      Delete