Monday 17 March 2014

A Short, Sad Love Story

This is the title of Reekrit's second short story and personally for me; it is perfect timing to talk about it. The story is a commentary on the gossip-mongers in the society. A life is lost because of a non-issue snow-balling in to a grave situation. Once I finished reading the story, my mind was boggled by questions regarding 'the privacy of a person'. In our society, there is no privacy:no Right to it whatsoever and no Respect of it by others.
The story highlights that how all of us are submitting ourselves to the dictats of the society and its opinions. Who are the people who frame these opinions, I ask today. The majority, who are mediocre people with nothing constructive to keep them occupied, I believe! Believe you me, these people are deciding how Good and intelligent people lead their lives. As in this story, also how they end their lives! Such a sorry state of affairs.
But guess what? I refuse to be governed by such senseless laws! I am smart and I am governed by the rules of the Almighty. I may be living in UTOPIA but I am not angry, sad and lonely!  
I just hope and pray that like me, if not everyone but some around me can take a stand for Truth and their Happiness.

2 comments:

  1. The death of privacy in the world has been happening for a long long time. I think this deprives us of dignity. There is no respect for our need to be alone and separate. I think the media has to take a lot of blame for this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And sometime the callous and stray comments by strangers on a sensitive matter can be catastrophic. Who has the right to judge others? Who can cast a stone at the other?

      Delete