Monday 10 March 2014

Caution to the Winds!

I must confess that I favour Autumn much more than Spring. Well, who can match up to the full-bodied sublimity of a lady in her forties? Even the boisterous heedlessness of youth pales in comparison !

But today I was caught unawares.... The morning dawned to a bright sunny day with no inkling of rain. As I was trapped indoors taking a class, nature played its home run! Thick grey clouds clothed the canopy and lo! There was Rain!

The trees, the myriad hues of the flowers, the clueless birds; all joined in the celebrations. It was a sight to behold, an experience to enrich the soul. My mind kept wandering from the task at hand to a walk by the lake, a moment of holding hands and sharing everything yet devoid of any exchange whatsoever. An eternal moment where life dances on every leaf; gamboling around in the verdant plains.

I traveled to the faraway land where the ecstatic peacock throws caution to the winds and dances in liberated tandem with the drops of inebriant  pouring down.

Spring too has its Charm! The impertinence of the season did infuse in me the playfulness of a child. I  too was careless, heedless
 for the remaining part of the day : Throwing caution to the winds!

2 comments:

  1. I have long favoured the autumn over all the other seasons. I am glad to see we are kindred spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Gary. I have basked in the 'mellow fruitfulness' of autumn since my teenage years when I first read 'Ode to Autumn' by John Keats. :)

      Delete