Wednesday 20 February 2013

HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!

                                         
I just completed 11 blissful (not entirely,let's just say for the sake of propriety!) years of marriage. The story of my marriage is very weird to comprehend not only for me but also for many people around me.

It so happened that after my parents and also my would-be husband's parents had been privy to our relationship for a few months, a new proposition dawned on them. They decided to get us MARRIED!

It was actually a very rude shock for us love-birds! We were just twenty-three that time and had no inclination to get married for some time. However much to our consternation things moved on quickly, schedules timed out perfectly and the relatives too bonded amicably!

However this marriage was unacceptable to the both of us. It was a match between our parents on one side and us on the other. While the former were playing to get us married; the latter were scheming to get out of the bond!
Who in the world wants to get married to his/her Best Buddy?
Even if one has decided like us, Who in the world wants to get married  so young?
It almost felt like child marriage!

Besides my husband and I knew that we were like chalk and cheese with not a single common agenda.
We both were just bidding time, till we got over our fixation for each other and parted ways forever. But that was not to be so.....

We got married, much to our surprise and of those around us.

Till date I get queries from old acquaintances about who I married and then How's it going!
I distinctly remember once I was in a shop with my mother-in-law, a group of my old teachers happened to meet me there(my husband and I studied in the same school).

"So Suditi, we heard that you got married to that XYZ boy?Is it true?"
"Yes ma'am."
"Oh poor you two! How is the marriage going then?"
"Oh it is going great ma'am!"
"See marriage teaches everybody to lie!"
And I turned crimson! My mother-in-law was in an ear-shot distance. I hoped she hadn't heard the condolences!

My husband too was not spared!
My younger brother-in-law's closest friend too had remarked about my quirkiness.
"When I saw you with bhabhi, I was so unsure if she's really the one! She is so unlike your type!!"


Well the crux of the matter is: Despite the apprehension of our match in the minds of not only the mob around us but also us: We have survived!

I believe to get married is not an achievement, rather to remain married while making a healthy contribution to each other's life is a feat worth applauding.

So on this anniversary of our wedding my husband and I celebrated our SPIRIT to REMAIN TOGETHER
                                                     COME WHAT MAY!

1 comment:

  1. He is your best friend. You have shared everything with him throughout your life. Now convey birthday wishes for best friend with the special birthday quotes from here birthday wishes for best friend

    ReplyDelete